7/07/2013

Home-Cooked Foodography

By Hee Jiun Kang


The Passionate Newbie

Lee Jia Jia
Lee Jia Jia, 23, is a home-cooked food lover. She used to cook Chinese cuisine, for her family, boyfriend and herself previously. However, she has been falling in love to Home-Cooked Foodography a month back, due to the influences of Japanese instagramers, food blog and so on.

“Home-cooked dishes were some of my favorite because not only did they look amazing but they tasted amazing too,” she explained.

She added on, “Sometimes, I just simply want to cook something nice to eat for my family or myself. Futuremore, I would like to open up a cafe restaurant on my own in the future.”

Hence, Jia sincerely loves to try some new dishes that look delicious, refined and pretty, on her own.

In fact, there are some differences between Jia’s dishes and the rest. Some of us maybe not concern about how it should be presented. Hence, Jia definitely want her own food, as well as perfectly refined and delicious. Apparently, cooking with own preferences has more room to reach the perfection, compared to the preset culinary art out there.


“The appearance of the dishes does matter to me!” she emphasized. “I like to serve dishes with good look because I think this may show my sincerity, I hope they feel it too,” she explained next.

The Overcooked Pancake

“I don’t feel panic, but I feel very excited.”  She recalled it. Jia went on to say,  “I have well prepared for the first time, but still, my first piece of pancake has been overcooked!”

During her first time of practicing home-cooked foodography, she has chosen her favourite dessert, the fruit pancakes.

Even though the depressed has occurred, Jia didn’t give up. She quickly makes correction of the temperature of the non-sticky frying pan, and she did it smoothly.

“This is small matter only, it’s not so depressing for me.” Jia is a positive thinker.

There are reasons behind Jia in love with pancakes, especially with fruits as its toppings.


“I've learned from the recipe. For example, you can put many different toppings on pancakes, it all comes down to personal taste,” she narrated.

From Heart to Heart

Jia gained intrinsic value of practicing this hobby. She stated that, “I feel happy to see my family and friends enjoy my food and give good compliments, I can get improvements for myself and hopefully in the future, I can open my own cafe restaurant.”

Jia is a student, hence she prefers to practice her hobby once a week, especially during the weekend.

If you’re interested in Jia’s recipes, you may log on to www.foodnetwork.com.

How does the home-cooked foodography be extraordinary? Know more at below.





No comments:

Post a Comment