7/07/2013

Home-Cooked Foodography

By Hee Jiun Kang

New Hobby that Out of the Box

If you like to do home cooking, at the same time you like to capture the food and dishes, then share it among your friends, that’s how amazing a new hobby has been invented.


In spite of the home-cooked foodography is closed to what usually Dennis and Gen do, as well as it provides more room for self-preferences, when we DO IT OURSELVES.

The masterpieces.

Misca and Jia, they both are home-cooked foodography lover. They commit themselves in the entirely process of cooking, decorating and capturing, from zero to complete. The lover can achieve the biggest self-satisfaction.


Misca Looi, 21, indicated that, “The dishes out there always come with the same outward, like pasta and steaks, very standardized. In addition, we need to pay for the culinary art, so why should I pay when I prefer to do it myself?”

Misca and her masterpieces.

“Home-cooked foodography allows myself to savor my favorite taste, decorate the dishes and layout with my own style, and then capture it with the refined designs, this is high flexibility.” Misca supplemented.

“Some restaurants gave me good impression if the dishes look good, tasty and delicious, but I can ensure the ingredients’ quality or freshness if I cook from home. Home-cooked foodography is likely a healthy lifestyle or hobby.” Lee Jia Jia, 23, added on.


At the beginning, they found quite a number of friends posting foodographs on the social media, like Facebook, blogs, Flickr, Instagram and so on.

Japanese Instagramers that suggested by Jia.

“I found it quite fascinating, therefore I came up with an idea one day, like “why not doing it myself?” So, I started to search recipes online and go shop for the ingredients.” This is how Jia interested in this new hobby.

Misca added, “Photography is one of my hobby, and then I started to cook for myself after I shifted from Taiping to Kuala Lumpur in 2011. Unexpectedly, I have fallen in love with this.”

While Malaysian is still addicted to capture the food before they eat, the Instagramers from Japan had inspired Jia and Misca, because the Japanese has really outstanding ideas to the dishes layout.

How does the home-cooked foodography be extraordinary? Know more at below.


5 comments:

  1. Your news are very informative and detail and I've learned a lot from recipes, little reminders, especially the shooting tips.

    huiying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you've learned then make for your love one.

      JK

      Delete
  2. I like the way you present your news, and it is very informative. Your video editing skill is also good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you present your news, and it is very informative. Your video editing skill is also good.

    Ai Wei

    ReplyDelete